Growing the Game of Golf
Welcome to a new beginning for GOLF, Inc. GOLF, Inc. was formed in 1959 by several prominent local leaders as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the improvement and promotion of amateur golf in the greater Oklahoma City area with an emphasis on junior golf.
The Return to GOLF, Inc. Tournament Competition
I am pleased to announce the return to GOLF, Inc. tournament competition. The first two events have been scheduled and I am excited for all our events this year.
APRIL 24/25 - The Big Six will be held at Lincoln Park with the first round on the East Course and the final round on the West course. The format with be 6 holes scramble, 6 holes best ball and 6 holes modified alternate shot.
Entry Fee is $100.00 per team. All entry fee money will be paid back to the players. Entry fee does not include green fees, carts, or range balls.
- Tee times both days starting at 9:00 a.m.
- The field will be flighted after the first round based upon score.
- East Course: Players 49 and under will play the Blue tees; players 50-64 will play the White Tees; and players 65 and older will play the Silver tees.
- West Course: Players 49 and under will play the Black tees; players 50-64 will play the Blue Tees; and players 65 and older will play the White tees.
- There will be a proximity prize competition for a pair of golf shoes included in the entry fee.
MAY 23 – The Start of Summer Sizzler will be held at Trosper Golf Course. The format is a team quota format where each player’s quota score will count toward the team score. Players must have a handicap for this event. GOLF, Inc. handicap memberships are discounted $5.00 until March 31, 2021 so please enter early. If you do not have a handicap, your quota will be 36.
TWO WAYS TO WIN!!!! You win in your Flight and/or win in the Big Bonus Quota Flight!!!
Entry Fee: $150 per team. All entry fee money will be paid back to the players. Entry fee includes tee gift, lunch, two drink tickets and entry in Proximity contest!!! Entry fee does not include green fee, carts, or range balls.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Field will be flighted by team handicap into two (2) flights: Ferguson Flight – Blue Tees; Hyden Flight – White Tees. All men age 70 and over will play the Silver tees; All ladies will play the Red tees
- Field will be limited to 60 teams (120 players)
- The difference in team member’s established handicaps must be 8 or less. Any difference in team member’s established handicaps larger than 8 will be adjusted off the lower handicap.
- Maximum individual handicap is 25
- Rules of Golf shall govern play unless modified by local rule.
- Pick up when double bogey is your best score possible
- Yardage measuring devices allowed
- Ties will be broken per USGA Scorecard guidelines
- Shotgun start at 8:00 a.m.
- Each team’s quota is 72 points MINUS the combined handicaps of BOTH players.
- Count BOTH gross scores on each hole.
- SCORING: Double bogey or worse -1 point; Bogey +1 point; Par +2 points, Birdie +3.5 points; Eagle or better +6 points.
- Based upon a full field, we will pay the top 5 teams in each flight
BIG BONUS QUOTA FLIGHT:
- Each Ferguson flight team will be paired by blind draw with a Hyden flight team.
- Total quota points earned by BOTH teams will be added together at the end for a Big Team score.
- Based upon a full field, we will pay the top 5 teams.
More events coming soon.
Thank you for your support of GOLF, Inc.
James M. Reid