Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question to see the answer.
1. After joining, when will I receive my GHIN#?
Joining GOLF, Inc. is not an automatic joining of the GHIN system. Once you sign up for handicap services, notice is sent to the golf course you designate as your home course, who must manually enter your information into the GHIN system. It can take 2-3 business days.
2. What is GOLF, Inc.?
The Greater Oklahoma Links Federation (GOLF, Inc.) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the improvement and promotion of amateur golf in the greater Oklahoma City area with an emphasis on junior golf. GOLF, Inc. also has an established scholarship program providing college scholarships to worthy individuals based upon their moral character, grades, and interest in athletics.
3. Why should I join GOLF, Inc.?
Joining GOLF, Inc. provides you the opportunity to participate in amateur golf events while supporting junior golf instruction and scholarship assistance to deserving young men and women in our community with a need of financial assistance for education.
4. How do I join GOLF, Inc.?
The best way to join is here on our website (click HERE). You can also join GOLF, Inc. in person at one of our member facilities.
5. How much does it cost to join GOLF, Inc.?
GOLF, Inc. has two membership options:
- 1. Tournament Membership - $20
Grants the member eligibility to play in all GOLF, Inc. sponsored tournaments, but does not provide for handicap services.
- 2. Full Membership - $40
Grants the member eligibility to play in all GOLF, Inc. sponsored tournaments and includes USGA handicap services hosted at the GOLF, Inc. course of your choice.
*a $5.00 discount for the Full Membership will be offered for registration prior to April of each year.Full membership information can be seen here.
6. How long is a membership good for?
7. Do I have to join GOLF, Inc. to play in one of the tournaments?
8. Where can I post my scores for my handicap?
9. How can I contact GOLF, Inc.?
11. Where does all the money go?
12. If I am a GOLF, Inc. member at one course, can I play in all the Club Championships?
13. Do juniors have to pay extra for a handicap?
14. Can I get a USGA handicap for less money if I don’t want to play in the tournaments?
15. When does my handicap update?
The USGA does a Handicap Revision on the 1st and 15th of every month. When you set up a new USGA handicap, you will not receive a Handicap Index until the next revision date.